You never know who’s paying attention.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Ambien Sun

As the warm weather approaches and the sun feels less inhibited to show a little skin I need to be weary of my sun-induced narcolepsy. The brightness (and where I work and go to school there is little shade, shadow, relief from this) always develops this terrible need and instinct to go to sleep. What I need is a good pair of sexy, hot sunglasses. Otherwise I’ll be spending my summer thinking I have my bio-rhythms out of sync, my memory in the recycling bin, and a tumor wrapping itself around my cerebral cortex.

Lord have some mercy. I shouldn’t be living in California.

Something I wrote today

You’re telling me that breakfast has little meaning for you. I have now given up; rather resigned my feelings for seeing you reach a finish line. There is no finish line. Following the length of road, a fallen sign on a patch of grass says that a town used to reside here, along the way a secret postponed, a rest-stop mishap, a torn piece of clothing, a broken bottle of cologne.

Today’s Playlist

Kristin Hersh: Sky Motel
Massive Attack: Collected
Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins: Rabbit Fur Coat
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Show Your Bones
Curve: Come Clean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home