You never know who’s paying attention.

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Took an evening shower. Listened to the recent Belly compilation, "Superman", "Gepetto", "Super-Connected", "Broken". All those songs from high school and they still have something to say. B. came over, met him at the train station. We bought ice cream and came back to my house. He told me a story about Baskin Robbins, American Birthday Cake Ice Cream, a former client of his named Jose with a glass eye. A sad story. He develops such a case of empathy for people.

I brought back my apology for last night. I got to talking. Telling him about my struggles with my behaviour and my alcohol "abuse". He figured as much. It was a very good talk to have, how I was keeping my distance, how we both feel for each other, how I worry about peoples' intentions. He told me that everytime we hang out he finds that he likes me and desires me more and more. I believe what he says. The discussion about intimacies was complicated and not something I feel comfortable getting into.

A list of foods I ate today:

(1) small bowl of frosted mini-wheats
(1) carne asada mejor burrito
(1) very tasty orange
(1/4) pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate brownie and cookie dough ice cream

Maybe tomorrow I'll have the planned grilled cheese with tomato. There's a lunch that brings back some serious memories of diners on Long Island and certain house, a house I'll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home