You never know who’s paying attention.

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

It's difficult to point out exactly what I felt from tonight's show. I've been really hard on myself to recognize true and honest emotion instead of relying on dramatic or predictable responses to eccentuate my actions. Sigur Ros have an ability to allow me to remember childhood and child-like feelings. Remember what it's like when the world was entirely new, when twilight was still a fascination, when no one was awake pre-dawn in my house. That's a very comfortable place that I think sparks creativity. The singer seems so elfish and alien, I wasn't surprised when I thought of the band as from a whole other planet and the singer especially. The falsetto got a little tiresome, I would've liked to have heard more of his medium range which seemed to have been saved for more robust movements in their pieces. I told this to Michaela near the beginning of the show, violins kill me. I love violins.

"Samurai Legend" came in the mail today along with Whiskeytown "Faithless Street" which I'm listening to now. Mayumi translated the comic book and even has a translator's introduction. She's been getting a lot of wonderful and praise worthy responses from her translation. Even the writer commented saying that this was the best english translation he's seen so far. I'm very proud of her and I'm looking forward to reviewing it for her on Amazon.

My sore throat is growing slowly and I'm tired right now. Should go to bed but the show tonight makes me want to be awake and alive right now. Why is it so easy to fall in love with a musician? Or an actor on a stage? He could've had wings busting from his back, placenta coated and slimy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home