You never know who’s paying attention.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Car Pool Log: 2006 05-09

I noticed from afar that Second Passenger was having difficulty opening the car door. Driver attempted to help but it took a couple of tries of pulling on the handle both inside and out. He appeared moderately annoyed by this mishap. I was intrigued by how little evidence there was in the car. It had been used frequently but nothing to denote a personality, no trinkets, few scratches, no radio play. Driver’s hair appeared still wet and she seemed uncomfortable driving the car but in good spirits. Good enough spirits for me to pull out my book and start reading. Since I was riding shotgun I was fearful she would begin talking to me. Then I noticed, while driving over the bridge, she touched the key-ring, a plastic Enterprise label. The car was a rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home