You never know who’s paying attention.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Car Pool Log: 2006 06-19

A SUV/Jeep vehicle, dark exterior, beige interior. Almost got in the backseat when I realized that there was a child there already in a car seat. I smiled at her, hoping I didn’t frighten the poor thing. Getting in, the Driver said hello and we were off. Red travel mug in the cup holder, Alice 97.3 on the radio. The Driver said that I was moments away from riding in a new BMW. I told him I’d had my fair share of BMW rides. The little girl in the back became chatty as we were nearing the toll.

“What kind of bus is that, Daddy?” she asked.

“A regular bus, sweetheart,” he said.

“What would happen is we drove up there on the bridge?” she asked.

“We would crash,” he answered.

“What are those lights for?” she asked.

“So people can drive on the bridge at night,” he replied.

“Did you know there are some children who go to school at the nighttime? The spiders go to school at night,” she said.

Driver dropped me off further away than normal, asking if it would be alright if he left me at Howard instead of Folsom. I wasn’t sure what he meant since we get let out at Howard anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home