You never know who’s paying attention.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Car Pool Log: 2006 06-12

Luxury sedan, Honda Civic, beige inside and out. The car had a very distinct smell, like someone had been smoking in there, with the windows up. I imagined a well-suntanned old gent from Florida and this was his last new car before kicking the bucket. There were no distinct remnants in the car. In the backseat was a small, black leather pouch. Keychain was two car keys and one possible house key. For a while I thought the car may have been a rental but it looks like it was purchased used very recently from Hansel Honda. Second Passenger was cheerful, granting a good morning salute to the driver. He turned around and asked me if I had enough room. I said, “I’m fine. Thank you.” He went on to read his paper. Erykah Badu: “Live” (?) on the CD player until we reached the toll plaza. Driver turned off the music and the rest of the ride was in silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home