You never know who’s paying attention.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Car Pool Log: 2007 05-23

Blue VW, two door. Second Passenger already present, reading a text book in the back of the car. Said good morning to Driver and she returned the greeting.

Radio was a mix of songs from frequency transmissions and iPod. Peter Gabriel: “Solsbury Hill.” An empty Starbucks cup in the dashboard’s cupholder, along with a can of Diet Coke. A Neko Case song, “Lonely Old Lies” was to be one of the songs played but Driver changed it to a song that had the chorus, “if you could read my mind…” At one point the music came on at full volume. Driver quickly apologized. “Nobody should have to go through that,” she said with a chuckle.

“I’m going across Market if you need to get over there,” Driver suggested.

“The intersection’s fine with me,” I said.

“I’ve driven with you before, haven’t I?” the girl asked. “A few days ago?”

“Yes, I believe so.”

“Yeah, I thought so. I thought it would’ve been weird if I didn’t say anything.”

“Traffic hasn’t been so bad lately,” she continued. “I’ve been making it over here pretty quickly.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home