You never know who’s paying attention.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Car Pool Log: 2006 09-01

Silver Jeep. KFOG on the radio; Rolling Stones: “Paint It Black,” Ricki Lee Jones. Driver tapped her fingers on the stirring wheel in time with the music. Golf Magazine on the floor in the backseat. A Starbuck’s bag with Driver’s lunch and a blue bottle filled with water. A green-light picture of the car on the dashboard.

Driver asked Second Passenger if BART was going to be running a weekday schedule with the closer of the bridge this weekend. Second Passenger said she was unsure.

As we made out way along the on ramp Driver informed us that she was going across Market. Second Passenger said something and they proceeded to have a conversation which I was unable to hear.

“I guess I could drop you on Montgomery and you could walk to the Montgomery Station.” Driver said.

“No, that’ll be fine,” Second Passenger said.

“And where would you like to go, sir?” Driver asked.

I was taken aback by being called “sir”.

“The intersection at Howard and Fremont will be fine with me,” I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home