You never know who’s paying attention.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Car Pool Log: 2006 08-16

Light blue, Honda Civic SRS. Driver pulled up with Second Passenger already occupying the front seat. There was the undeniable smell of French fries or cooked potatoes, it immediately made me hungry.

“We were expecting a line,” Second Passenger said. “I haven’t even finished my breakfast.”

I smiled and laughed, acknowledging my understanding of her predicament but not fully comprehending her embarrassment.

“Apparently he hasn’t either,” Driver said, pointing to my coffee cup, chuckling. I was unsure whether or not he was commenting on my bringing the cup into his car itself.


I didn’t know what to say to their comments about the lack of a line waiting to pick up passengers. “It’s hit or miss,” I said.

Driver was leaning in to the right, his arm resting on the space inbetween the two front seats, driving with his left hand. It was a protective stance that made me think that they were a possible couple. Second Passenger flipped through a brochure or a newsletter. A crack in the windshield. Listened to KQED; a political race in Indiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home