You never know who’s paying attention.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Car Pool Log: 2006 08-15

White Toyota Tacoma pick-up (see CPL: 2006 08-02). Driver again had the seat already pushed forward. I said good morning and got into the back. He put the seat back and readjusted to accommodate my height. Again, I was perched on the little bench in the back, a booklet of maps in the pouch in front of me. A book of Bay Area roads, 2002 edition underneath the driver’s seat. Driver was listening to AM 680 KNBR sports radio. They were discussing a captain choosing his golf team for the season. Second Passenger arrived joyfully and asked if he should move his chair up. I said I was fine, thank you. Driver again drove a consistent 70 mph on the freeway to the toll. A blue folder that may have read “Requisitions," the cell phone on the traction pad, and a Penguin Classics book all on the dashboard. A Turbo Tea beverage in the cubby between the driver’s and the passenger’s seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home